|Level||Early Registration||Late Registration|
The location and dates of GAA’s GOAL 2018 conference will be announced in late 2017. Registration for GOAL 2018 will open in early 2018.
Thank you to all attendees and sponsors for a successful GOAL 2017 conference at Croke Park in Dublin, Ireland, as GAA celebrated its 20th anniversary. PDFs of all presentations are available to GOAL 2017 attendees and GAA members by contacting GAA’s Steven Hedlund at email@example.com. For a recap of the program, visit the Global Aquaculture Advocate, the official news source of GOAL 2017.
The GOAL conference has a 16-year history of convening the world’s aquaculture thought leaders to discuss shared responsibilities and goals. In a post-conference survey, 69% of respondents said they are “extremely likely” to are recommend the GOAL conference to an industry colleague.
Access the Marketplace
The world’s leading retail, foodservice and wholesale seafood buyers are always well represented at the conference. Among the companies that were represented on stage and in the audience at GOAL 2017 were Ahold Delhaize, Aramark, Bidfood Australia, The Big Prawn Co., BJ’s Wholesale Club, Bon Appétit Management Co., Brakes, Brinker International, Captain D’s, Darden Restaurants, Davigel, Direct Seafoods, Dublin Institute of Technology’s School of Culinary Arts & Food Technology, Gfresh, Giant Eagle, Harvest Meat Co., JD.com, Johnson & Wales University, Metro, Nestle Purina, Schnucks, Sysco Corp., US Foods, Waitrose, Walmart and The Walt Disney Co.
Leverage your relationship with GAA and increase your visibility throughout the aquaculture community by sponsoring GOAL. Aligning with GAA is a statement about your long-term commitment to responsible aquaculture. Sponsorship packages are tailored to suit your needs. For a list of sponsorship packages, download GAA’s 2017 Product & Media Guide and contact GAA’s Sally Krueger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn from and network with more than 60 speakers providing insight on the trends shaping the future of responsible aquaculture production and sourcing, while walking away with exclusive aquaculture production data and analysis on all major farmed seafood species to share with your colleagues year-round. GOAL features a three-day education program, with plenaries in the morning and breakouts in the afternoon. Here is the GOAL 2017 program:
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017
- Presenter Wally Stevens Global Aquaculture Alliance
- Presenter Michael Creed T.D. Ireland’s Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine
- Presenter Pearse Lyons Alltech
- Presenter Jim Anderson University of Florida
- Presenter Ragnar Tveteras University of Stavanger
- Presenter Kevin Fitzsimmons University of Arizona, F3 Fish-Free Feed Challenge
- Presenter Andrew Mallison IFFO-The Marine Ingredients Organisation
- Presenter Walt Rakitsky TerraVia
- Presenter Josh Silverman Calysta
- Presenter Jim Sutter U.S. Soybean Export Council
- Presenter Dan Lee Best Aquaculture Practices
- Presenter Birgitte Krogh-Poulsen Poulsen Consulting/GAA Standards Oversight Committee
- Presenter David Little University of Stirling
- Presenter Deva Nihal International Labour Organization
- Presenter Will Rash Big Prawn Co.
- Presenter Jeremy Ryland Langley Waitrose
- Presenter Jennifer Wandler US Foods
- Presenter Scott Williams BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Presenter Estelle Brennan Lyons Seafoods
- Presenter John Connelly National Fisheries Institute
- Presenter Libby Woodhatch Seafish/Responsible Fishing Scheme
- Moderator Melanie Siggs Global Aquaculture Alliance
Thursday, October 5th, 2017
- Presenter Jim Power Jim Power Economics Limited
- Moderator James Wright Global Aquaculture Alliance
- Presenter Gorjan Nikolik Rabobank
- Presenter Carsten Krome Alimentos Ventures
- Presenter Jamie Stein Devonian Capital
- Presenter Neil Manchester Hendrix Genetics
- Presenter Fanny Giudicelli Marine Akwa
- Presenter Thue Holm Atlantic Sapphire
- Presenter Thomas Myhre NSK Ship Design
- Presenter Langley Gace InnovaSea Systems
- Presenter J. Miguel Flavián Oritain
- Presenter Larry Feinberg KnipBio
- Presenter Jacqueline Claudia Love the Wild
- Presenter Karin Pittman University of Bergen, Quantidoc
- Presenter Jim O’Toole BIM, Ireland’s Seafood Development Agency (Bord Iascaigh Mhara)
- Presenter Yan Zhao Ocean Jade Seafood
- Presenter Chiara Bacci DG MARE/European Commission
- Presenter Hugh McBride McBride Fishing Co. Ltd.
- Presenter Leigh Chase Ahold Delhaize
- Presenter Frank Huang JD.com
- Presenter Brett Patience Bidfood Australia
- Presenter Anthony Wan Gfresh
Friday, October 6th, 2017
- Presenter Chef JP McMahon Aniar, Cava, Eat Gastropub
- Moderator Mike Berthet Best Aquaculture Practices
- Presenter Jim Griffin Johnson & Wales University
- Presenter Charlie Lousignont Brinker International
- Presenter Frank Cullen Dublin Institute of Technology’s School of Culinary Arts & Food
- Presenter Laky Zurverdachi Direct Seafood
- Presenter Patrick McMurray The Ceili Cottage/World Champion Oyster Shucker
- Presenter Eric Buckner Sysco Corp.
- Presenter Steve Disko Schnucks
- Presenter Derrick Guss Disney
- Presenter Bob Yudovin Harvest Meat Co.
- Presenter Chris Trosin Best Aquaculture Practices
- Presenter Travis Larkin The Seafood Exchange